Thursday, February 13, 2020

That Unexpected Love




It was New Year time! I wasn’t seeing anyone at that time, but I received a big box of chocolate. Those were actually my favourite! I spent many hours trying to figure out  who had sent me those chocolates. My ex from a few years ago? The guy I went on a few dates with but petered out? A secret admirer? And I didn’t want to call up any of these people and ask. Uhh….what a suspense!

After wondering for the whole day, in the evening I received a call from my best pal – Zubeen, who was studying in Delhi.

“Did you like the chocolates, bestie?”…..and now, I got to know who is the person behind my favourite chocolates.

“What is this yaar? You wasted my whole day… I kept thinking who has sent these to me.. kept wondering who could be my secret admirer…..”

“Arre, without admiration how can I be your best friend? This is just a trailer dear,…..wait for few days, a lovely surprise coming with me on the Valentine Day. Can you come to receive me on the Valentine Day at the airport?”

Huh??? What he was saying??? He had been my best friend for many years. It’s been three years now since we are apart, as he had taken admission in Delhi University. 

Zubeen’s dialogue stirred up my mind, excitement and emotion, distracted me from my study, enlivened my soul, and enthused my eagerness to meet him soon. I started doing self-introspection – did I admire him, like him, love him, did he really like me, love me, did he resemble with my dream boy, could I accept him as my boyfriend if he would propose me on the Valentine day…….And, and… what’s the surprise he would bring with him on the Valentine day! I was in a confused state, but, I was getting ‘Yes’ in most of the answers.

Two days left for the Valentine Day….my exhilaration, yet turmoil in my heart and soul was accelerating. I bought one bracelet and his favourite candy with my pocket money. I went to the parlour, did facial and curled my hair as he used to like curly hair. I planned to go to the airport to receive him in the morning. 

14th Feb.  8:30 AM. I was waiting for him in front of the arrival gate. I didn’t know why I was there. Why I was wearing my most favorite, beautiful pink dress…why I was wearing the matching crystal long earrings that dangled and playfully touching my shoulders. Why I tried to make myself beautiful as much as possible!!!! I saw myself in the mirror at least hundred times before coming out from my home.
Excitement. Excitement. Excitement.

It was 9 AM. Oh…. I could see him from far….. He was approaching towards me with a wide smile….. He was looking bright, fresh…. Yes! I wanted this kinda guy as my boyfriend, my fiancée, my husband. My heart started beating fast and faster….. I could see him in a new avatar.

“Heyyyy…….” I couldn’t realise when he reached me. He hugged me…

“Thanks so much dear…. You have come. I have a surprise for you….”

He turned back, extend his left hand to hold the hand of a beautiful girl  with long curly hair, who was walking behind him….

“Hey… meet my Valentine.  We are going around for one year now…. I wanted to introduce her to you as you are my bestie…”

For a moment, I felt like Sita (Ramayana)…as if I will plead Mother Earth to open the ground and take me in her lap…..

But, Voila!!! I realized next very moment that there were two basement parkings down the airport…..No no no no….



Happy Valentine's Day, anyway!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dwello is the new place to buy Homes. Buy your new home with confidence with Dwello. Dwello - The Right Address is Waiting
Balaji Exotica
Kalyan Nagari

Anonymous said...

Dwello is the new place to buy Homes. Buy your new home with confidence with Dwello. Dwello - The Right Address is Waiting
Amrut Pearl
Gurur Atman

Anonymous said...

Dwello is the new place to buy Homes. Buy your new home with confidence with Dwello. Dwello - The Right Address is Waiting
Ace Square
Zenith

Anonymous said...

Dwello is the new place to buy Homes. Buy your new home with confidence with Dwello.Dwello - The Right Address is Waiting.
Akshay Anantam
Swamee Lagom

Anonymous said...

Dwello is the right place to buy Homes. Buy your new homes with confidence with dwello. Dwello - Right Address is Waiting.
Mayfair Aasaan
Eminente
Vaastu Pinnacle
Saffron Heights
Evershine Crown

Anonymous said...

Dwello is the right place to buy Homes. Buy your new homes with confidence with dwello. Dwello - Right Address is Waiting.
Dream Solitaire
Dudhe Vitevari
Elements
Eknath Sadan
Elita

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...