Which car comes to our mind first, if we say Renault ? I am sure, “Duster”: the compact SUV! But here is the another chrono now to buy significant space in Car lovers' minds.
Renault Lodgy: the newly launched MPV! Where the Tagline “Take your world with you” is the perfectly lodgycal….yes! I mean ‘Logical’.
Goa #LiveLodgyCal event organized by Renault in association with Blogadda was really wonderful one, to be with the top fellow bloggers, enjoy the beauty of the Leela Palace Resort and above all, the experience of driving the Renault Lodgy! We were 40 bloggers from across the country. We were divided into 4 teams, where each team got to drive either the 85 PS or the 110 PS engine options. My team was 'Cartoosh' (Satish, Murtaza, Rutvi and me) initially got the 85 PS to drive around 40 kms and then we exchanged with the 110PS to drive back from Canacona beach to Cavelossim. We kept checking, testing the Lodgy to explore its performance on road vis a vis its claims on paper.
The Lodgy traversed to India in April 2015 to mark its foray into the rapidly growing MPV segment in the country. Lodgy comes in 7 variants with an introductory price range of Rs. 8.19 – 11.79 Lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
Here is my experience :
Why we buy an MPV ?
- While we need space for all family members or all friends and their luggage.
- Long journey, comfortable ride
- A big enough fuel tank to cope with long journeys
- A spacious and Flexible interiors to relax
- Envy your friends and foes showing that you are happy family and have a beautiful car
Yes! Renault has all the features to suffice above points. It combines the performance and comfort of a sedan with the space of and convenience of an MPV.
Lovely Driving Experience:
It was really an awesome drive. I was not feeling like giving the steering to my other team mates….I am sure it was because of the Ergo-Drive technology which means the car is conditioned to offer superior acceleration and power, ease of ride and handling along with great mileage.
Lodgy has a unique combination of performance and high fuel efficiency and comes in two engine options:
- For the more powerful diesel variant, the reliable and fuel efficient 1.5 litre dCi (common rail direct injection) engine delivers 110PS of maximum power and peak torque of 245Nm@1750rpm. The engine is mated to a first-in-segment 6 speed manual transmission. This is matched by its excellent fuel efficiency of 19.98 kmpl*.
- The alternate variant of the same 1.5 litre dCi engine produces 85PS of maximum power and 200Nm@1900rpm of peak torque with an excellent fuel efficiency of 21.04 Kmpl*.
Designed with a sharp focus on Comfort and Safety Features:
We enjoyed the lovely music all the way and the cooling system kept all of us very comfortable. Renault Lodgy comes with state-of-the-art safety features and also many other cutting edge functionalities. And as we checked, all are the right claims.
- ABS, EBD and brake assist ensure enhanced stability and braking performance.
- The speed limiter, which can be enabled from 30 kmph, eliminates the need to constantly monitor the speedometer.
- Safety features include driver and passenger airbags, height adjustable seatbelts with driver seatbelt reminder, door ajar warning, speed sensitive auto door lock, impact sensing auto door unlock, rear wiper and defogger, rear parking sensors with rear parking camera and front fog lamps.
- Lodgy also ranks high on comfort ensuring that the driver and all passengers enjoy a comfortable drive.
- Key features include captain seats (in 7 seat configuration) for increased comfort and versatility in the second row, height adjustable driver seat cushioned with lumbar support
- Best-in-class cooling performance with dual AC
- Qualitative, practical and ergonomic dashboard
- Integrated piano black central fascia with 2DIN Radio
- Multimedia navigation system
- First-in-class cruise control with speed limiter functionality on the steering wheel.
- The convenient and innovative modularity of Lodgy makes it a car for every occasion.
Robust and generous, the styling of the new Renault Lodgy is marked by pure lines, its wide headlamps and the lean profile of its rear lamps. Its front end features all the elements of Renault's new visual identity, with its grill and generous bumpers.
On the exterior, Lodgy includes chrome finishes on the front grille, tailgate embellisher, sporty 15 inch five spoke aluminum alloys, stylish and sporty two-tone bumper and roof rails, day time running lights (DRL) and tail lamps designed to reflect an ‘arrow in motion’.
The stunning look continues indoors. From an impressive, chrome-finished dashboard to 3 rows of plush, adaptable seating, chic elegance meeting thoughtful functionality to make Renault Lodgy just as dynamic and eye-catching inside.
Most of the MPVs offer extra seats that can be arranged in a variety of different ways and have plenty of storage space throughout the cabin. But how that space is packaged is more important.
- The 60:40 split 2nd row and 50:50 split 3rd row, allow all seats to be folded and tumbled independently.
- The 3 rd row can be twin tumbled folded and secured or extracted as per the requirement.
- This modularity, allowing 56 seat configurations, offers the best of comfort, storage and versatility.
- Lodgy also has the best boot volume of 207 litres with all seats in place.
To conclude, Renault Lodgy is a package of so many features and functionalities at best price. Lodgy breaks new ground in performance, fuel efficiency, comfort and features, combining the best offerings of a sedan, and the space and convenience of a MPV.
For more information, visit https://www.renault.co.in/